Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

My Creed; A Teacher's Creed



I believe that teaching is a calling of not just the mind, but the heart as well.
I believe that as a teacher I must be an honorable vessel and I must understand that
I have a greater accountability.
I believe that I am not just a teacher but God's servant teacher
 because its Him who called me to be one.
I believe that as a teacher I must pursue what is true, what is noble, what is right, what is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy,
I must pursue about such things.
I believe that as a teacher I must be careful with my words for they could build or break the student and I will give an account to God for his soul I am teaching on the
Day of Judgment.
I believe as a teacher I have the responsibility to place the Truth- the WORD of GOD in the soul of a student--a brick to build his immortal temple.

I believe that God has given the student the capacity to receive and understand truths from an early age so it's important to shape and guide him.
I believe that a student feels what I am and is impressed more by what I say and how I say it even when the lesson is presented in a very interesting manner.
I believe that even if a student has a bad attitude or acts disrespectfully, I must not stop believing in him and make it my decision to figure out
what it takes to draw out his best.
I believe that every student can and should have the right to an excellent education.

I believe that every child has an imagination and it's just a matter of discovering it; the answer is knowing what strategy to use- sometimes the most uncomfortable way of doing something turns out to be the best way.
I believe that I must treat all students equally- find a way to reach every student whether they be rich or poor, minority or majority, troubled or otherwise.

I believe that it is important to take time to listen each student to gather information about what's going on his head and take time to listen the unspoken words to know about what's going on in his heart.

No comments: